Are you looking for someone to review your work? I can provide substantive editing and copyediting. I’m happy to work with individuals or businesses to:
- prepare documents within strict deadlines for production
- retool and reformat Word documents
- write content (such as User Manuals, User Guides, Proposals and web content)
- consult with authors about short stories and novel structure
- produce charts, maps, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- create and convert ebooks
I am a writer, editor, and document specialist. I want documents to tell a structured story. Regardless of the form or function, I can help you tell that story.
What is substantive editing?
Substantive editing looks at the overall structure of a document. In writing, it’s ensuring that the tone, pacing, formatting, and content is appropriate for the context.
This type of edit doesn’t focus on copyediting or proofreading. I’ll likely fix typos as I read, but substantive editing should never be relied on before publication.
What is a document specialist?
A document specialist maintains and formats documents. Using Word, Adobe, and other word-processing programs, I create document templates, apply style sets, and standardize content.